Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Japan Street Fashion Fall 2008

Fashion in Japan this season was eclectic.






















But unlike years past when numerous styles of various periods would make one outfit, the fashion seemed much more defined.













I cannot decide if I prefer this well put together look versus the manic styles I'm use to.



Needless to say, it was a joy to observe and shoot pictures of.


























The many looks included what I'd describe as:
renditions of the French maid look, rainbow cool, cosplay, urban edgy, good school girl, neo-punk, neo-bohemian, and neo-goth.




















And not only the girls decked out; there were plenty of men abound with a hard case of style.










Most notably, there was the return of plaid for
Northern Exposure Chic.











































































Over all, the fashion in Tokyo was
hot
hot hot
.









3 comments:

Eshta said...

Wow, what an explosion of fashion. Definitely more going on than what I remember last time I was in Tokyo a few years back which was mostly variations of mini skirts and furry long boots, which you still seem to see in most of your photos (sans furry boots), just much more going on.

Anonymous said...

Did you take those pictures? They are great! But next time you have to have at least one shot of the classic school girl outfit.

kieulinh said...

Hi, Anonymous, Yes, the good old standard, school girl outfits. You sort of see its influence in some of the images posted but school girls are school girls and I didn't find many doing up their uniforms like they did in the 90s. I took all of the pix, btw. Which leads me to the other reason why I don't have school girls up; it was creepy enough that I stood around taking pix of young kids. How would it look if I did that to even younger kids in high school uniforms?