Monday, June 9, 2008

Leon Powe - Oaktown Boy Made Good

The last time I followed NBA basketball was when there was a Bird-Magic rivalry. Celtics were nearly an all white team, and aside from Kurt Rambis (aka Clark Kent), Lakers had a black squad. So, I was pleasantly surprised to learn about Oakland native and Celtics basketball star, Leon Powe, during this years playoffs. Powe makes me proud to be an Oaklanese! Though a Lakers fan, I will support Boston just for Powe. It's my honor to present a clip discussing his struggles from Oaktown to Cal to the top of the NBA line-up.

4 comments:

Eshta said...

Powe's the real deal. Imagine if he ever gets traded to the Warriors? Damn.

Melvis said...

The Warriors HAD a chance to draft Powe, but were too stupid to take him. I was at the Oracle Arena for the draft party and there was a very audible "WE WANT POWE!" chant from the fans.

The air got sucked out of the sails fast in that arena, lemme tell ya'.

kieulinh said...

No way! I was just thinking the other day how poignant it would be if Powe played with Warriors. Dang, Warriors management...sigh. Doesn't mean Powe can't be traded in the future? Have you heard anything?

lauria417 said...

Got to love the rags to riches story. Guess I should look out for his movie in the future..."based on a true story."