Friday, June 6, 2008

A Boyfriend You Can Replace, A Pet, Never


Above were my mother's words when I told her Bijou was taken. She went on to say, "even with a husband you can remarry, but your pet? irreplaceable". Leave it to my mom to give it to me straight. I still don't feel comfortable discussing here the details of Bijou's disappearance (see right for a brief explanation), but promise to do so fairly soon. I will say this, before Bijou went missing, we had already planned on adding a new puppy/sister to the family. That was put on hold as we all dedicated our time and resources into finding Bijou. But the sister was getting older and I had to pick her up. So, Loki came into our lives sans Bijou.

Though Bijou is a Yorkinese and Loki an Aussidoodle, their faces look very similar. It was hard to see that face for the past month while still looking for Bijou, but eventually I saw Loki for just Loki. She's a sweet, affectionate, playful, well-behaved little panda bear. I seriously think she will bring us good luck in finding her older sister. Loki means the god of mischief in Norse mythology. It is also the name of the hound that has been sniffing Bijou out. Pictured above is Bijou (left) and Loki (right), both at 5 months old. I ask for positive thoughts for finding Bijou. Thank you.

No comments: